Posted: January 14, 2016
The MVHS semester one exams take place from January 25th to the 29th. Semester 2 begins on February 3rd. Attached is the exam schedule. Students are to write on their day of writing and are asked to be on time. Grade 9 students will complete the ELPA in the afternoon on Day one. Those students in grade 11 and 12 who must complete the ELPA are asked to check the schedule.
Just a few notes concerning exams.
1. Prior to the beginning of the exams, review the detailed schedule to determine the day and time you write each exam.
2. If a storm, icy roads, etc. close school for one or more days, those exams which were scheduled will be written the first day school re-opens. An announcement will be made via the radio station and/or Talk Mail.
3. Students are required to attend school only on those days and at those times they are scheduled to write exams.
4. Buses will operate each day as if it were a regular school day. There will be no early buses for exams. If you write in the morning but not in the afternoon, you may make arrangements with your family, etc. to be picked up.
5. Students who attend school on an exam day will be expected to be in the room of writing; otherwise, students must be quietly studying in the cafeteria or library.
6. STUDENTS MAY NOT USE I-PODS, CELL PHONES, TABLETS, ETC. DURING THE EXAM. THIS MAY RESULT IN A MARK OF ZERO ON THE EXAM.
7. Students are to remain in the writing area for the full 2 hours; therefore, do not hurry through the exam. An additional 30 minutes will be provided.
8. If you are unable to be present for the writing of your exam(s), you are required to phone the school and receive further instructions. Your failure to offer this PRIOR NOTIFICATION could result in you receiving a mark of zero.
If there are extenuating circumstances, please see Mr. Jamieson