Posted: March 21, 2019
Scholarship applications will be considered for all three $1000.00cdn scholarships, provided the applicant meets the criteria listed below. *Only one complete application is required.
Jim Stirling Scholarship
B.F. Lorenzetti and Associates Inc. are the insurance brokers for Hockey Canada. In 1996, B.F. Lorenzetti began sponsoring a program for Hockey Canada that allows every Branch to present a bursary to a deserving hockey player.
Delta Fortis Properties Scholarship
Established in 2003 to recognize a Grade 12 student who has had hockey play a positive role in their life.
HNB Academic Scholarship in memory of Ron Bradbury
Established in 2002 to recognize the outstanding contribution of Ron Bradbury to the sport of hockey.
Criteria to apply for an HNB Scholarship:
- Applicant must have been a Hockey New Brunswick member or associate member in the 2018-2019 hockey season (HNB player, NBIAA player or HNB Official).
- Applicant must be under the age of 21 as of December 31st of the current season.
- Applicant must be graduating or must be a graduate who is pursuing post-secondary studies in 2019-2020.
How to Apply:
- Applicant must send a 300 to 500-word essay (double-spaced) to the Selection Committee outlining their community involvement, as well as financial need. The essay should explain how hockey has impacted their life.
- Provide a most recent record of academic transcript
- Provide an athletic resumé (outline sports involvement by year)
- Proof of post-secondary education acceptance letter
*Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please ensure your application is complete at the time of submission.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MARCH 29, 2019
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
861 Woodstock Road, Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z9 or via fax to: 506.453.0868