Today students read Chapter 2 of The Outsiders and answered the following questions.
All Chapter 2 questions are to be completed for Tuesday, Feb 19th
1. Where are Johnny and Ponyboy when the chapter opens?
2. Why does Dally sneak in?
3. Who are the two girls they meet there?
4. What happens at the drive-in?
5. Who gets Dally to stop bothering the girls? Why is this surprising?
6. Why does Dally leave and go someplace else?
7. Are the names Ponyboy and Sodapop nicknames? Explain.
8. Why doesn?t Ponyboy like referring to Sodapop as a dropout?
9. Why does Two-Bit tell them that Tim Shepard is looking for Dally?
10. What is Ponyboy comparing Two-Bit to when he calls him a “chessy cat” on
page 27? What figure of speech is this besides as simile?
11. Why do people turn and look as Ponyboy and Cherry go for refreshments?
12. What happened to Johnny, who did it to him?
13. If someone tries to beat up Johnny again, what will he do?
14. What literary device does the author use to describe Johnny?s mugging
15. After Ponyboy tells Cheery the story about Johnny, what does he say (p.34)? Do you think that's true?