Posted: March 19, 2019
Students will be read aloud pages 120-138 from Projekt 1065 by Alan Gratz and will be responsible for answering question set 6
Posted: February 15, 2019
Today students read Chapter 2 of The Outsiders and answered the following questions.
All Chapter 2 questions are to be completed for Tuesday, Feb 19th
1. Where are Johnny and Ponyboy when the chapter opens?
2. Why does Dally sneak in?
3. Who are the two girls they meet there?
4. What happens at the drive-in?
5. Who gets Dally to stop bothering the girls? Why is this surprising?
6. Why does Dally leave and go someplace else?
7. Are the names Ponyboy and Sodapop nicknames? Explain.
8. Why doesn?t Ponyboy like referring to Sodapop as a dropout?
9. Why does Two-Bit tell them that Tim Shepard is looking for Dally?
10. What is Ponyboy comparing Two-Bit to when he calls him a “chessy cat” on
page 27? What figure of speech is this besides as simile?
11. Why do people turn and look as Ponyboy and Cherry go for refreshments?
12. What happened to Johnny, who did it to him?
13. If someone tries to beat up Johnny again, what will he do?
14. What literary device does the author use to describe Johnny?s mugging
15. After Ponyboy tells Cheery the story about Johnny, what does he say (p.34)? Do you think that's true?
Posted: February 14, 2019
Chapter 1 was read aloud, Students in Period 3 and Period 4 are assigned the chapter 1 questions to be answered in complete sentenses in their notebooks.
1. Who is the narrator in the story?
2. Describe the setting.
3. What happens to the narrator on the way home from the movies?
4. How does Ponyboy feel about Soda?
5. What does Ponyboy say the difference between Darry and their father is?
6. What does Ponyboy think of Steve Randel?
7. Who is the 'character' of the gang?
8. What does Ponyboy do in class that surprises people?
9. What secret does Soda tell Ponyboy?
10. What do you think Soda meant when he told Ponyboy that Darry yells at him because he has a lot of worries?
Posted: December 10, 2018
Students were given article of the week Monday, for Thursday it is to be annontated and have a response. Students will be expected to discuss in small groups.
Posted: December 10, 2018
Figurative Language and Poetic Devices - Match terms and identify poetic device or figurative language
Posted: November 19, 2018
Students had 15 minutes of SSR and completed Monday Mistakes bell ringer (see attached)
Students engaged in a quick write on reading and viewed a video on why read and discussed the importance of reading, sharing their quick writes and ideas.
1. Read at home 20 minutes
2. Bring a duotang to