Posted: February 6, 2019
Posted: November 26, 2018
- For Wednesday: read chapter 7; mask assignment due
- Thursday: Stanford Prison article due
Posted: November 22, 2018
Chapter 1-6 Quiz on Monday
Chapter 6 vocabulary and reading focus questions will be passed out on Friday, as well as a quiz outline.
Posted: November 19, 2018
- Read up to page 86 for tomorrow's class
- Mask assignment part one (article and response) is due on Wednesday, November 21
Posted: November 14, 2018
- For Thursday: Read up to page 68: "There they are."
- If you missed today's class, see me for a Jack and Simon close reading assignment.
Posted: November 9, 2018
For Tuesday, please have the following completed:
-chapters 1-3 of Lord of the Flies (chapter 3 was assigned during Thursday's class)
-vocabulary for chapters 1-3
-update character charts (with page numbers)
Posted: November 6, 2018
Finish reading Chapter 1 for Wednesday's class.
Personal Essay is due tomorrow (see previous post for MLA format guidelines)
Posted: November 1, 2018
Posted: October 23, 2018
- Personal Writing Piece, choice B: originally due on October 25, now due on October 29.
- Personal Essay: due November 7. Handout given in class with topics and requirements.
-we will be working on the essay in class, with daily mini-lessons on writing craft and conventions. I will read drafts to check MLA formatting.
Posted: October 10, 2018
- Thursday, October 18: Personal Writing, Choice A due
- Tuesday, October 16: in-class assignment on The Pearl
- Monday, October 22: Short Story test (review and outline will be passed out next week)
- Thursday, October 25: Personal Writing, Choice B due
We will start working on your personal essay next week, and a due date will be decided soon.
Posted: October 2, 2018
October 11: Personal Writing, Choice A (note the date change!)
October 16: The Pearl in class assignment
October 25: Personal Writing, Choice B (date change!)
Posted: September 19, 2018